Krispie' mallow delights March 31 2014
This recipe has been knocking around for years but it wasn't until my lil girl baker made a batch at the weekend that I realised just how ridiculously good they are, the taste is so delicious I thought it would be rude of me not to share this scrumptious recipe with you guys!
Now, this is not a recipe for the faint hearted... these sticky squares are wickedly gooey, chewy, sweet, sugary, chocolatey and absolutely not something you would eat everyday (unless you have a very sweet tooth like me of course, I could eat them all day long til they came out my ears!) but the handful of sweet and sinful ingredients that make up this naughty but nice treat, make them even more delightful!
So heres how you make them :
1) INGREDIENTS - 45grams butter + 300 grams mini marshmallows + 180 grams Rice Krispies + 350 grams dark or milk chocolate + pretty sprinkles
2) over a very low heat gently melt the butter and add the marshmallows, stirring until the marshmallows have melted into the prettiest pink sticky stuff
3) add the melted marshmallows to the krispies and mix together - be warned the pretty pink melted stuff sticks like glue so you will need to get your skates on with this bit and stir it up super quickly!
4) lightly grease your tin and press the mixture down using the back of a wooden spoon, squash and squish the krispie mixture nice and even and flat and leave to set... it will literally harden up in a few seconds
5) now its time to melt your chocolate and grab some sprinkles
6) melt the chocolate over a very low heat, stirring all the time and then pour over your mallowy mixture
7) decorate with sprinkles and pop it in the fridge for about 20 minutes to set
8) slide a knife around the tin and the big square of chocolatey loveliness should pop straight out really easily, all ready for cutting into deep chunky squares. Yum. Job done.
A simple no bake yummy treat that everyone will love, promise. Enjoy!
Allison x x x